Bronchiectasis Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Bronchiectasis - Pipeline Insight, 2023,” report provides comprehensive insights about 15+ companies and 15+ pipeline drugs in Bronchiectasis pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Global coverage
Bronchiectasis is an irreversible widening (dilation) of portions of the breathing tubes or airways (bronchi) resulting from damage to the airway wall. The most common cause is severe or repeated respiratory infections, often in people who have an underlying problem with their lungs or immune system.Most people develop a chronic cough, and some also cough up blood and have chest pain and recurrent episodes of pneumonia. Chest x-rays, computed tomography, and breathing tests are usually done to determine the extent and severity of the disorder. People often are given inhaled drugs, antibiotics, and other measures to suppress and clear the buildup of mucus. Bronchiectasis can develop at any age. In most people, symptoms begin gradually, usually after a respiratory infection, and tend to worsen over the years. Most people develop a chronic cough that produces thick sputum. The amount and type of sputum depend on the extent of the disease and whether there is a complicating infection (often called a disease flare or exacerbation). Often, people have coughing spells only early in the morning and late in the day. Treatment of bronchiectasis is directed toward reducing the frequency of infections when possible, preventing certain infections with vaccines and sometimes antibiotics, decreasing the buildup of mucus, decreasing inflammation, and relieving airway blockage.
"Bronchiectasis - Pipeline Insight, 2023" report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across the indication. A detailed picture of the Bronchiectasis pipeline landscape is provided which includes the disease overview and Bronchiectasis treatment guidelines. The assessment part of the report embraces, in depth Bronchiectasis commercial assessment and clinical assessment of the pipeline products under development. In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, Bronchiectasis collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis contributing to the development of novel therapeutics for Bronchiectasis.
- In the coming years, the Bronchiectasis market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics that are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Bronchiectasis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- A detailed portfolio of major pharma players who are involved in fueling the Bronchiectasis treatment market. Several potential therapies for Bronchiectasis are under investigation. With the expected launch of these emerging therapies, it is expected that there will be a significant impact on the Bronchiectasis market size in the coming years.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets (in early-stage, mid-stage and late stage of development for the treatment of Bronchiectasis) includes therapeutic assessment and comparative analysis. This will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Bronchiectasis Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Bronchiectasis report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Bronchiectasis Emerging Drugs
Benralizumab is a monoclonal antibody used to treat eosinophilic asthma. Benralizumab is a humanized recombinant monoclonal antibody of the isotype IgG1k immunoglobulin that specifically binds to the alpha chain of the interleukin 5 receptor (IL-5R) expressed on eosinophils and basophils. Currently, being evaluated in Phase III stage of clinical trial evaluation to treat Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis.
S1226 formulation consists of aerosolized carbon dioxide (CO2) and nebulized perflubron; which is delivered into the lung. The delivery of this formulation results in an immediate relaxant effect on the patient’s constricted airways, supported by a lowering of surface tension in inflamed areas (resulting in enhanced bronchial dilation) and possible clearing of mucus plugs of blocked airways.The rescue treatment works on both physiological and biophysical principles offering a unique approach to relieving airway obstruction. CO2 is a potent, but short acting bronchial smooth muscle relaxant. Perflubron is a non-toxic (biocompatible) medical perfluorocarbon with mucolytic and surfactant properties that acts synergistically with CO2 to provide a much greater and more prolonged broncho-dilatory effect. The drug product is hypothesized to open constricted airways through at least three distinct mechanisms. Firstly, through the relaxant effect of CO2 (alone and dissolved into perflubron) on constricted airway smooth muscle; secondly, by lowering surface tension in the inflamed airways; and finally by possibly facilitating penetration and lubrication of mucus plugs, thus enhancing mucociliary clearance. Furthermore it works by an entirely different mechanism to the ß-adrenergic agonists and thus complements, rather than replaces, existing treatments.
Brensocatib is a small molecule, oral, reversible inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase I (DPP1) being developed by Insmed for the treatment of patients with bronchiectasis. DPP1 is an enzyme responsible for activating neutrophil serine proteases (NSPs), such as neutrophil elastase, in neutrophils when they are formed in the bone marrow. Neutrophils are the most common type of white blood cell and play an essential role in pathogen destruction and inflammatory mediation. In chronic inflammatory lung diseases, neutrophils accumulate in the airways and result in excessive active NSPs that cause lung destruction and inflammation. Brensocatib may decrease the damaging effects of inflammatory diseases such as bronchiectasis by inhibiting DPP1 and its activation of NSPs.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Bronchiectasis: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Bronchiectasis drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
Major Players in Bronchiectasis
There are approx. 15+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Bronchiectasis. The companies which have their Bronchiectasis drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, AstraZeneca.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 15+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
Route of Administration
Bronchiectasis pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Intravenous/ Subcutaneous
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Antisense oligonucleotides
- Monoclonal antibody
- Recombinant protein
- Small molecule
- Stem Cell
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Bronchiectasis: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Bronchiectasis therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Bronchiectasis drugs.
Bronchiectasis Report Insights
- Bronchiectasis Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Bronchiectasis Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Bronchiectasis drugs?
- How many Bronchiectasis drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Bronchiectasis?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Bronchiectasis therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Bronchiectasis and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?