Chronic Insomnia Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Chronic Insomnia—Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Chronic Insomnia, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Chronic Insomnia market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Chronic Insomnia symptoms market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Chronic Insomnia symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Chronic Insomnia Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Chronic Insomnia Overview
Insomnia is the most common sleep disorder in the world that carries a huge socio-economic cost. According to the third edition of the International Classification of Sleep Disorders (ICSD-3), insomnia is characterized by difficulty in either initiating sleep, maintaining sleep continuity, or poor sleep quality. For chronic insomnia, sleep disturbances occur at least three times a week and have been present for the last 3 months.
Individuals who have difficulty coping with a stressful situation or report being habitual light sleepers have an elevated propensity to develop chronic insomnia. There is a high rate of association between insomnia and psychiatric disorders like depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Comorbid medical issues like restless legs syndrome, chronic pain, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), respiratory issues, and immobility are associated with the risk of chronic insomnia.
Chronic insomnia represents a more complex condition than acute transient insomnia. Patients with chronic insomnia usually have accompanying daytime impairment of cognition, mood, or performance that impacts not only the patient and his family, but also affects friends, coworkers, and caretakers. Insomnia patients are more likely to visit hospitals and physicians, have increased absenteeism, make errors or have accidents at work, and have more fatal road accidents. There is also an increased risk for depression, anxiety, substance -use, suicide, and possibly immune dysfunction.
Chronic Insomnia Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies, and diagnosis available in the Chronic Insomnia market to treat the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Chronic Insomnia market report gives a thorough understanding of chronic insomnia symptoms by including disease definition, symptoms, causes, physiology, and diagnosis. It also provides chronic insomnia symptoms of treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for chronic insomnia symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Diagnosis of insomnia requires a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s medical history, physical examination, and sleeping pattern using various screen tools. These can range from keeping a sleep diary that helps monitor different aspects of sleep behavior to personal monitoring devices like actigraphy which helps record movement during sleep. Once a successful diagnosis is made, the disease must be treated at the earliest since it is associated with numerous comorbidities.
The treatment of chronic insomnia consists of initially diagnosing and treating the underlying medical or psychological problems. Identifying behaviors that may worsen insomnia follows and stopping (or reducing) them would help eliminate insomnia.
Non-pharmacologic interventions for insomnia consist primarily of short-term cognitive-behavioral therapies. These methods act primarily by reducing heightened autonomic and cognitive arousal, modifying self-perpetuating maladaptive sleep habits, altering dysfunctional beliefs and attitudes about sleep, and educating patients about healthier sleep practices.
Chronic Insomnia Epidemiology
The Chronic Insomnia symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The total prevalent cases of Chronic Insomnia is increasing in 7MM during the study period, i.e., 2017–2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Chronic Insomnia symptoms epidemiology segmented as the Prevalent cases of Chronic Insomnia, Diagnosed Prevalent cases of Chronic Insomnia, Gender-specific cases of Chronic Insomnia, and Age-specific cases of Chronic Insomnia. The report includes the prevalent scenario of Chronic Insomnia symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country-wise Chronic Insomnia Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Chronic Insomnia epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total number of prevalent cases of Chronic Insomnia associated in 7MM countries was 5,585,128 in 2020.
Chronic Insomnia Drug Chapters
The chronic insomnia report's drug chapter segment encloses the detailed analysis of Chronic Insomnia early-stage (Phase- I, II, and III) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the Chronic Insomnia clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Chronic Insomnia Emerging Drug
Daridorexant: Idorsia Pharmaceuticals
Daridorexant is a potent, selective, dual orexin receptor antagonist (DORA) currently in development for the treatment of insomnia. Orexin neurons are localized in the lateral hypothalamus and function as a key regulator of wakefulness, signaling other wake-promoting neurons to be active, thus maintaining a "wake state".
Seltorexant: Janssen Research & Development/Minerva Neurosciences
Seltorexant (MIN-202) is an innovative selective orexin 2 receptor antagonist under development to treat insomnia and related mood disorders. Insomnia is the repeated difficulty with sleep initiation, maintenance, or quality that occurs despite adequate time and opportunity for sleep, resulting in daytime impairment. Insomnia can be the primary condition for patients or a secondary symptom of, and contributor to, another medical or psychiatric condition, such as mood disorders or schizophrenia.
Products detail in the report…
Chronic Insomnia Market Outlook
The report's Chronic Insomnia market outlook helps build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Chronic Insomnia market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Chronic Insomnia market trend of each marketed drug and early-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Chronic Insomnia market in 7MM is expected to grow in the study period 2017–2030.
Regardless of the type of therapy used, chronic insomnia treatment has two primary objectives: improving sleep quality and quantity, and improving daytime impairments. Initial treatment approaches usually include at least one behavioral intervention, such as stimulus control therapy or relaxation therapy. Biofeedback therapy is also used. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBTI), the most effective and comprehensive non-drug approach to treating insomnia, combines cognitive therapy, behavioral interventions, and sleep hygiene education. The most recent iteration of CBTI is fully automated digital CBTI (dCBTI) and does not require clinician involvement. dCBTI has the scalability to address insomnia as a public health issue. Other non-drug approaches that may have benefits for some patients include relaxation techniques and mindfulness interventions.
This section includes a glimpse of the Chronic Insomnia market in 7MM.
The market size of Chronic Insomnia in the seven major markets was USD 314.2 million in 2020.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Chronic Insomnia market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the largest market size of Chronic Insomnia in comparison to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Chronic Insomnia market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Chronic Insomnia market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Chronic Insomnia Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers the Chronic Insomnia market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which will again be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Chronic Insomnia Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into the therapeutic candidate in Phase I, II, and III stages. It also analyses Chronic Insomnia key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Sequential Medicine Ltd., Idorsia Pharmaceuticals, and Janssen Research & Development/Minerva Neurosciences.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for Chronic Insomnia emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Chronic Insomnia
Approaching reimbursement, proactively, can positively impact both during the early stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
The direct costs of patients with untreated insomnia are significantly higher than those without insomnia. One retrospective study aimed to understand better insomnia's direct healthcare costs is by analyzing claims from a large health plan. Anderson and colleagues found that a diagnosis of insomnia was associated with 26% higher costs at baseline and 46% higher costs at 12 months after diagnosis. When comorbidities were recognized, the insomnia cohort had 80% higher costs, on average, than the matched control cohort. The insomnia cohort experienced greater general health decline as measured by increases in Charlson Comorbidity Index scores, as well as by a greater proportion of patients with mental health diagnoses and use of psychiatric medications, which were drivers in the increase in overall cost.
As insomnia is associated with daytime sleepiness, fatigue, psychomotor deficits, and mood dysregulation, it may be expected to have negative impacts on US workers. Studies have demonstrated the impact of insomnia on impaired workplace functioning, including absenteeism due to sickness, injuries, and disability. Insomnia is a risk factor for workplace accidents and an increased risk of associated falls and injuries, such as hip fractures. The American Insomnia Survey of 4991 respondents revealed that the average costs of insomnia-related accidents and errors are $32,062; these costs were significantly higher than those of other accidents and errors not associated with insomnia ($21,914). Simulations associated insomnia with an estimated 7.2% of all costly workplace accidents and errors, and with 23.7% of the total costs of overall incidents. Annualized US population projected estimates of 274,000 insomnia-related workplace accidents and errors had a combined value of $31.1 billion.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in the Chronic Insomnia domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Chronic Insomnia market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform a Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Chronic Insomnia Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Chronic Insomnia, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, physiology, and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Chronic Insomnia epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Chronic Insomnia is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the Chronic Insomnia market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Chronic Insomnia market.
- In the coming years, the Chronic Insomnia market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and the Favorable Environment for New Anti-infective Modalities; which would expand the market's size to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Chronic Insomnia R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Chronic Insomnia. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Chronic Insomnia market.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase I, II, and III), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, and launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Chronic Insomnia Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Chronic Insomnia Pipeline Analysis
- Chronic Insomnia Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Chronic Insomnia Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Chronic Insomnia Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Chronic Insomnia Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Chronic Insomnia Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Chronic Insomnia total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Chronic Insomnia market Size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Chronic Insomnia market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Chronic Insomnia market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Chronic Insomnia market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of Chronic Insomnia?
- What is the historical Chronic Insomnia patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Chronic Insomnia in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Chronic Insomnia?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the largest prevalent population of Chronic Insomnia during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Chronic Insomnia along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Chronic Insomnia in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Chronic Insomnia marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Chronic Insomnia?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Chronic Insomnia?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of Chronic Insomnia?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to Chronic Insomnia therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Chronic Insomnia and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Chronic Insomnia?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Chronic Insomnia?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Chronic Insomnia market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Chronic Insomnia market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Chronic Insomnia in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Chronic Insomnia market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Chronic Insomnia market.