Coronary Stents Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Coronary Stents Pipeline Insight and Competitive Landscape, 2022,” report provides comprehensive insights about 20+ companies and 20+ pipeline devices in Coronary Stents pipeline landscape. Owing to the rise in the prevalence of coronary artery diseases (CAD), the coronary stents market is witnessing remarkable growth. Significant players are focusing on expanding their geographical reach, for dominating the current market.
According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, about one-third of the population in the U.S. is obese. The change in lifestyle such as physical inactivity, smoking, drinking, and mistimed and unhealthy food habits are among the major reasons leading to health problems such as obesity, hypertension, arterial blockage, and others. Therefore, owning to all this, there is a significant rise in the pipeline of coronary stents recently.
This reports provides a detailed study of the emerging coronary stents devices along with the competitive landscape to help better understand the coronary stents market.
- Global coverage
Coronary Stents: Overview
Coronary Stents: Understanding
Coronary stents are small, wire, mesh tubes that help widen a clogged artery and restore adequate blood flow to the heart. During the procedure, the cardiologist place the stent over a thin, long tube with a balloon tip called a catheter and insert it into an artery in groin or arm. Once the stent reaches the clogged artery, the doctor will inflate the balloon to expand the stent. When the stent reaches the desired size to widen the clogged artery, the doctor will deflate and remove the balloon. The stent will stay in place permanently to help prop open the artery and decrease its chance of narrowing again. Over time, the inner lining of the artery will grow over the surface of the stent, making it a permanent part of artery.
Types of Coronary Stents
Bare-Metal Stents: Tt is tiny wire mesh tubes that help widen a clogged artery, but are not coated with a polymer or drugs to help prevent re-blockage of the artery. This type of stent may be used in patients who are allergic to either the polymer or drugs used in drug-eluting stents.
Drug-Eluting Stents: A drug-eluting stent is a bare-metal stent that has been coated with a polymer that gradually releases a drug over the time when re-blockage is most likely to happen. This helps reduce the chance of the artery becoming blocked again. There are two types of drug-eluting stents: Permanent Polymer Drug-Eluting Stent and Bioabsorbable Polymer Drug-Eluting Stent.
Coronary Stents Competitive Landscape Assessment
This segment of the coronary stents devices pipeline report encloses its detailed analysis of various pipeline devices which include product description, licensing and collaboration details and other developmental activities including the latest news and press releases. The report also provides list of major players involved in the pipeline product development.
- Product Type
The coronary stents is segmented on the basis of product – Bare Metal Stents (BMS), Drug Eluting Stents (DES) and Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffolds (BVS).
- Product Biomaterial
Coronary Stents can be divided based upon the biomaterials – Metallic (Cobalt Chromium (CoCr), Platinum Chromium (Pt-Cr), Stainless Steel, Nickel Titanium), Polymeric Biomaterial and Natural Biomaterial.
- Major Players in Coronary Stents
There are approx. 20+ key companies which are developing the products for Coronary Stents.
- Cre8 EVO: Alvimedica
Cre8 EVO is a highly innovative Drug Eluting Stent (DES) that is designed to face the clinical outcome challenges when treating patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention. That is what Cre8 EVO is; a DES born from the most innovative technology to date. It is manufactured by CID S.p.A. member of Alvimedica group. It has receive CE approval and currently not available in US and japan. The company is also evaluating safety, efficacy and deliverability of the CRE8 sirolimus-eluting stent system in the treatment of patients with de novo coronary artery lesions.
- ArterioSorb: Arterius
ArterioSorb is an innovative medical implant product currently being developed by Arterius, a UK medical device micro/SME, to treat coronary artery disease (CAD). It is a next-generation bioresorbable cardiovascular scaffold (BRS, stent), ArterioSorb, to be implanted within the coronary arteries in order to open blocked vessels, and to biodegrade within two years when healing is complete and it is no longer needed. Arterius will perform the in-vitro and in-vivo studies necessary to demonstrate the safety and efficacy of ArterioSorb. After completion of this study, the company will enter the First-in-Man trials and commercialization process.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Coronary Stents: Competitive Benchmarking
This segment of the reports provides analysis of the pipeline report to give a clear understanding of the comparative analysis.
The analysis is based on
- Brand Positioning of Leading companies
- Industry Collaborations
Coronary Stents: Commercialization Activity
This segment of the report provides a detailed list of any commercial activity in the field of coronary stents ranging from collaboration, mergers and acquisition, recent breakthrough among others.
Development Activities in Coronary Stents Pipeline
- In the year 2018, Abbott received the approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for a new generation coronary stent system, named as XIENCE Sierra.
- In April 2019, The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) of India has approved a hike in the price of coronary stents, with the bare metal stents now priced at ₹8,261 (exclusive of GST) as against the existing ₹7,660. Drug eluting/biodegradable stents cost ₹30,080 (exclusive of GST) as against ₹27,890.
- Further commercial activities are provided in the report……..
Coronary Stents: Reimbursement
As part of drug-eluting stent programs, medical device companies are proactively identifying strategies to help reduce the lag time between the anticipated introduction of drug-eluting stents and appropriate reimbursement for procedures using them. For example, Boston Scientific is working with hospitals to assess the potential impact of drug-eluting stents on cardiovascular practices as hospitals consider the potential impact of this technology into their service mix. Hospitals and Boston Scientific are evaluating the potential effects of drug-eluting stents within the hospital at multiple levels, including: Procedure Disease Cardiac Catheterization Lab Cardiovascular Unit Hospital Health Care Systems The company has completed a series of analyses that consider the economic drivers relevant to hospitals’ use of drug-eluting stents, including possible changes in resource use (immediate stenting procedure, reintervention rate, and shifts to and from other services, including coronary artery bypass graft), as well as the costs and clinical outcomes associated with these resources. The purpose of these analyses is to estimate the effect of drug-eluting stents in order to support reimbursement from insurers, as well as to assist providers in resource use and practice management.
Further information is provided in the report……..
Coronary Stents Pipeline Report Highlights
- Extensive coverage of the Coronary Stents under development
- The report reviews details of major pipeline products which includes, product description, licensing and collaboration details and other developmental activities
- The report reviews the major players involved in the development of Coronary Stents and list all their pipeline projects
- The coverage of pipeline products based on various stages of development ranging from Early Development to Approved / Issued stage
- The report provides key clinical trial data of ongoing trials specific to pipeline products
- Recent developments in the segment / industry
- The report consists of in depth analysis of pipeline products based on various parameters
Coronary Stents Report Insights
- Coronary Stents Pipeline Analysis
- Coronary Stents Unmet Need
- Coronary Stents Market Dynamics
- Coronary Stents Future Perspectives and Conclusion
- Coronary Stents Analyst Views
Key Questions Answered In The Coronary Stents Pipeline Report
- What are significant companies in this segment, their information, analysis, and insights to improve R&D strategies?
- How to identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage?
- What are important and diverse types of Coronary Stents under development?
- What are market-entry and market expansion strategies in Coronary Stents?
- What are some of the mergers and acquisitions and to identify major players with the most promising pipeline?
- What is in-depth analysis of the product’s current stage of development, territory and estimated launch date?
Key Players In The Coronary Stents Pipeline
- REVA Medical Inc
- Rontis AG
- S3V Vascular Technologies
- Sahajanand Medical Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Shanghai Bio-heart Biological Technology Co Ltd
- Stentys SA
- Svelte Medical Systems Inc
- Tepha Inc
- Terumo Corp
- TissueGen Inc
- TrendyMED Inc.
- VasoTech Inc.
- Viller Scientific LLC
- Vornia Biomaterials Ltd
- Xenogenics Corporation
- Biotronik AG
- Cardionovum GmbH
- Concept Medical Inc
- Contego Medical LLC
- Cordis Corp
- DISA Vascular (Pty) Ltd
- Elixir Medical Corp
- Envision Scientific Pvt Ltd
- Aachen Resonance GmbH
- Abbott Vascular Inc
- Adcomp Technologies Inc.
- Aeon Bioscience
- AlviMedica Medical Technologies Inc
- Amaranth Medical Inc
- Arterius Ltd
- Atrium Medical Corp
- Bactiguard Holding AB
- Bionext Biotech Products Ltd.
- Biosten, LLC
- Systems, Inc.
- ID Nest Medical SAS
- InspireMD Inc
- Japan Stent Technology Co., Ltd.
- JW Medical Systems Ltd
- Kaneka Corp
- Kyoto Medical Planning Co Ltd
- Liaoning Biomedical Materials R&D Center Co Ltd
- Lifetech Scientific (Shenzhen) Co Ltd
- MangoGen Pharma Inc
- Manli Cardiology Ltd
- Medinol Ltd
- Medtronic plc
- Miami Cardiovascular Innovations
- Micell Technologies Inc
- MicroPort Scientific Corp
- Minvasys SAS
- MIV Therapeutics Inc
- NanoCoeur, Inc.
- Nanova, Inc
- Nesstent Ltd.
- Nexeon MedSystems Inc
- NuVascular Technologies Inc
- Pediastent LLC
- QualiMed Innovative Medizinprodukte GmbH
- Qvanteq AG
- Relisys Medical Devices Ltd
1. Key Insights
2. Coronary Stents: Snapshot
3. Coronary Stents
3.1. Product Overview
3.2. Regulatory Approvals based on Class
4. Coronary Stents: Product Assessment
4.1. Assessment by Product Type
4.1.1. Bare Metal Stents (BMS)
4.1.2. Drug Eluting Stents (DES)
4.1.3. Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffolds (BVS)
4.2. Assessment by Product Biomaterial
4.3. Assessment by Company
184.108.40.206. Cre8 EVO: Alvimedica
220.127.116.11.1. Product Information
18.104.22.168.2. Research and Development
22.214.171.124.3. Patent Details
126.96.36.199.4. Regulatory Milestone
188.8.131.52. ArterioSorb: Arterius
184.108.40.206.1. Product Information
220.127.116.11.2. Research and Development
18.104.22.168.3. Patent Details
22.214.171.124.4. Regulatory Milestone
*More Companies and products would be added in the final report
5. Coronary Stents: Competitive Benchmarking : By Company
5.1. Brand Positioning of Leading companies
5.2. Analysis based on Application
5.3. Analysis based on Industry Collaborations
6. Coronary Stents – Commercialization Activity
6.3. Merger and Acquisition
6.4. Recent Breakthrough
6.5. Literature Studies
6.6. KOL Views
7. Coronary Stents: Regulatory
8. Coronary Stents: Reimbursement
8.1. Case Study - US
8.2. Case Study - Europe
8.3. Case Study -Japan
9. Coronary Stents: Market Dynamics
9.1. Unmet Needs
9.2. Market Drivers
9.3. Market Barriers
10. DelveInsight’s Analytical Perspective
10.1. PEST Analysis
10.2. Future Growth Perspectives
12.1. Research Methodology
12.1.2. Secondary Research
14. DelveInsight Capabilities
16. About DelveInsight
List of Tables
Table 1: Total Pipeline Products
Table 2: Pipeline Products by Technology
Table 3: Pipeline Products by Type
Table 4: List of Companies
Table 5: Arterius Pipeline Products & Ongoing Clinical Trials Overview
Table 6: ArterioSorb – Product Status
Table 7: ArterioSorb – Product Description
Table 8: Alvimedica Pipeline Products & Ongoing Clinical Trials Overview
Table 9: Cre8 EVO – Product Status
Table 10: Cre8 EVO – Product Description
List of Figures
Figure 1: List of Pipeline Products
Figure 2: Ongoing Clinical Trial Pipeline Products by Technology
Figure 3: Ongoing Clinical Trial Pipeline Products by Type
• REVA Medical Inc
• Rontis AG
• S3V Vascular Technologies
• Sahajanand Medical Technologies Pvt Ltd
• Shanghai Bio-heart Biological Technology Co Ltd
• Stentys SA
• Svelte Medical Systems Inc
• Tepha Inc
• Terumo Corp
• TissueGen Inc
• TrendyMED Inc.
• VasoTech Inc.
• Viller Scientific LLC
• Vornia Biomaterials Ltd
• Xenogenics Corporation
• Biotronik AG
• Cardionovum GmbH
• Concept Medical Inc
• Contego Medical LLC
• Cordis Corp
• DISA Vascular (Pty) Ltd
• Elixir Medical Corp
• Envision Scientific Pvt Ltd
• Aachen Resonance GmbH
• Abbott Vascular Inc
• Adcomp Technologies Inc.
• Aeon Bioscience
• AlviMedica Medical Technologies Inc
• Amaranth Medical Inc
• Arterius Ltd
• Atrium Medical Corp
• Bactiguard Holding AB
• Bionext Biotech Products Ltd.
• Biosten, LLC
• Systems, Inc.
• ID Nest Medical SAS
• InspireMD Inc
• Japan Stent Technology Co., Ltd.
• JW Medical Systems Ltd
• Kaneka Corp
• Kyoto Medical Planning Co Ltd
• Liaoning Biomedical Materials R&D Center Co Ltd
• Lifetech Scientific (Shenzhen) Co Ltd
• MangoGen Pharma Inc
• Manli Cardiology Ltd
• Medinol Ltd
• Medtronic plc
• Miami Cardiovascular Innovations
• Micell Technologies Inc
• MicroPort Scientific Corp
• Minvasys SAS
• MIV Therapeutics Inc
• NanoCoeur, Inc.
• Nanova, Inc
• Nesstent Ltd.
• Nexeon MedSystems Inc
• NuVascular Technologies Inc
• Pediastent LLC
• QualiMed Innovative Medizinprodukte GmbH
• Qvanteq AG
• Relisys Medical Devices Ltd