Epilepsy Competitive Landscape Market Pipeline Analysis
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) defines epilepsies as a spectrum of brain disorders ranging from severe, life-threatening and disabling, to ones that are much more benign. In epilepsy, the normal pattern of neuronal activity becomes disturbed, causing strange sensations, emotions, and behavior or sometimes convulsions, muscle spasms, and loss of consciousness. Epilepsy may develop because of an abnormality in brain wiring, an imbalance of nerve signaling chemicals called neurotransmitters, changes in important features of brain cells called channels, or some combination of these and other factors. As per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the prevalence of Epilepsy is higher in adults aged over 18 years as compared to the ones aged 17 years or below.
“Epilepsy– Competitive Landscape, Market and Pipeline Analysis, 2020” report provides comprehensive insights on the therapeutic development for this mechanism of action. The objective of the report is to establish an understanding of the therapeutic competitive landscape for Epilepsy, including the marketed and pipeline products in this space. This report provides detailed information on marketed products with historical and forecasted sales till 2030.
It further offers comparative pipeline analysis with their drug profiles at various stages of development covering Phase III, Phase II, Phase I, Preclinical and Discovery. Information on company collaborations, agreements, acquisitions, licensing, deals, and other development activities is also involved in this report Therapeutics assessment of active pipeline drugs by stage, therapy type, route of administration, and molecule type is also covered in this report. It features the inactive pipeline products and highlights currently undergoing institutional research in this area. The report provides the understanding of the unmet needs, market drivers and barriers of the Epilepsy market.
Future competitive landscape of Epilepsy is estimated to be very strong. Key emerging drugs including Aquestive Therapeutical’s AQST-203 and others are going to be Blockbuster in the upcoming years.
Delveinsight report on Epilepsy help companies in understanding market dynamics based on this mechanism of action and therefore giving opportunities for a strategic alliance that will result in market penetration and enhancement of portfolios with optimal investment and maximal return. In addition, reports will assuage companies to detect conditions, determine genetic predisposition and biological response to Epilepsy.
Epilepsy Report Key Features
The report provides insights into:
- Detailed market drug profiles available in the market indicated for this mechanism of action with historical and forecasted sales till 2030.
- A number of companies developing therapies of Epilepsy with aggregate therapies developed by each company for the same.
- Detailed profiles of therapeutic candidates in nonclinical stage, early-stage, mid-stage and late-stage of development for Epilepsy.
- Analyses key players involved in Epilepsy targeted therapeutics development with respective active and inactive (dormant or discontinued) projects.
- Active pipeline therapies assessment under development based on the stage of development, route of administration, target receptor, monotherapy or combination therapy, a different mechanism of action, and molecular type.
- Detail analysis of collaboration (company–company collaborations and company–academia collaborations), licensing agreement and financing details for future developments of Epilepsy.
The report is built using data and information traced from the researcher's proprietary databases, company/university websites, clinical trial registries, conferences, SEC filings, investor presentations, and featured press releases from company/university web sites and industry-specific third party sources, etc.
Epilepsy Analytical Perspective by DelveInsight
- In-depth Epilepsy Analysis: Assessment of Products
This report provides an in-depth commercial assessment of therapeutic drugs that have been included, which comprises of collaborations, agreements, licensing, and acquisition – deal value trends. The sub-segmentation is described in the report which provides company–company collaborations (licensing/partnering), company–academia collaborations, and acquisition analysis in both graphical and tabulated form.
- Epilepsy Clinical Assessment of Products
The report comprises of comparative clinical assessment of products by development stage, product type, and route of administration, molecule type, and MOA type across this mechanism of action.
Scope of the Report
- The Epilepsy report provides an overview of this mechanism of action, role, significance, pathway, types, and clinical application of IDH inhibitors.
- Therapeutic Assessment: Therapeutic pipeline activity and assessment of the products by development stage, product type, route of administration, molecule type, and MOA the complete product development cycle, including all clinical and nonclinical stages.
- It comprises of detailed profiles of therapeutic products for Epilepsy with key coverage of developmental activities, including collaborations, agreements, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations, technology and other product-related details.
- In-depth Epilepsy research and development progress and trial details results wherever available, are also included in the pipeline study.
- Coverage of dormant and discontinued pipeline projects along with the reasons if available across Epilepsy.
- The report has also covered the worldwide market of Epilepsy, information of marketed therapies, their historical and forecasted sales till 2030.
- It also includes patent expiry details impact on market after expiry.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, opportunities, unmet needs, market growth factors, barriers and challenges along with SWOT analysis of the Epilepsy market.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Epilepsy market. Current scenario of the market with upcoming blockbuster molecules and their impact on the overall market.
- In the coming years, the Epilepsy market is set to change due to the extensive research in this filed, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Epilepsy R&D. The Epilepsy therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- There are many companies involved in developing therapies for Epilepsy. Launch of emerging therapies of Epilepsy will significantly impact the market.
- A better understanding of the target mechanism will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Epilepsy.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets (in early-stage, mid-stage and late-stage of development for the treatment of Epilepsy includes therapeutic assessment and comparative analysis. This will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
- The report provides the detailed analysis of 100+ products along with 40+ companies involved
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals
- Greenwich Biosciences
- Aquestive Therapeutics
And many more …
- What are Epilepsy, their role and significance in the treatment of disease conditions?
- What are the current treatment options based on the Epilepsy available in the market?
- How the historical and forecasted sales of the marketed therapies determine their scenario in the current Epilepsy market?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for Epilepsy to treat disease conditions?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Epilepsy therapies?
- Which are the dormant and discontinued products and the reasons for dormancy and discontinuation?
- What is the unmet need for current therapies developed on the basis of this mechanism of action?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Epilepsy and their status?
1. Report Introduction
2.1. Epilepsy Overview
2.2. Epilepsy Types
2.3. Epilepsy Structure
2.4. Epilepsy Mechanism of Action
2.5. Epilepsy Application
3. Competitive Landscape
3.1. Marketed Product Profiles
3.1.1. Sabril: Lundbeck
18.104.22.168. Product Description
22.214.171.124. Research and Development
126.96.36.199.1. Clinical Studies
188.8.131.52. Other Pipeline Activities
184.108.40.206. Product Development Activities
220.127.116.11. Idhifa Sales
4. Epilepsy - DelveInsight’s Analytical Perspective
4.1. In-depth Commercial Assessment
4.1.1. Epilepsy Companies Collaborations, Licensing, Acquisition – Deal Value Trends
18.104.22.168. Assessment Summary
4.1.2. Epilepsy Collaboration Deals
22.214.171.124. Company–Company Collaborations (Licensing/Partnering) Analysis
126.96.36.199. Company–University Collaborations (Licensing/Partnering) Analysis
188.8.131.52. Epilepsy Acquisition Analysis
5. Therapeutic Assessment
5.1. Clinical Assessment of Pipeline Drugs
5.1.1. Assessment by Stage of Development
5.1.2. Assessment by Product Type (Mono/Combination)
184.108.40.206. Assessment by Stage and Product Type
5.1.3. Assessment by Route of Administration
220.127.116.11. Assessment by Stage and Route of Administration
5.1.4. Assessment by Molecule Type
18.104.22.168. Assessment by Stage and Molecule Type
5.1.5. Assessment by MOA
22.214.171.124. Assessment by Stage and MOA
5.1.6. Assessment by Target
126.96.36.199. Assessment by Stage and Target
6. Pipeline Therapeutics
6.1. Comparative Analysis
7. Late-Stage Products (Phase-III)
8. Mid-Stage Products (Phase-II)
9. Early-Stage Products (Phase-I)
10. Preclinical and Discovery Stage Products
11. Epilepsy Emerging Drug Profiles
11.1. AQST-203: Aquestive Therapeutics
11.1.1. Product Description
11.1.2. Research and Development
188.8.131.52. Clinical Studies
11.1.3. Product Development Activities
11.1.4. Tabulated Product Summary
184.108.40.206. General Description Table
Many more drugs with detailed profiles provided in the report …
12. Epilepsy Key Companies
13. Epilepsy Key Products
14. Inactive Products
14.1. Dormant Products
14.1.1. Reason for Dormancy
14.2. Discontinued Products
14.2.1. Reason for Discontinuation
15. Epilepsy - Unmet Needs
16. Epilepsy – Market Drivers and Barriers
17. Epilepsy - Future Perspectives and Conclusion
18. Epilepsy Analyst Views
20. Report Methodology
20.1. Secondary Research
20.2. Expert Panel Validation
List of Table
Table 1 Assessment Summary
Table 2 Company-Company Collaborations (Licensing/Partnering) Analysis
Table 3 Epilepsy Acquisition Analysis
Table 4 Assessment by Phase of Development
Table 5 Assessment by Product Type (Mono/Combination)
Table 6 Assessment by Stage and Product Type
Table 7 Assessment by Route of Administration
Table 8 Assessment by Stage and Route of Administration
Table 9 Assessment by Molecule Type
Table 10 Assessment by Stage and Molecule Type
Table 11 Assessment by MOA
Table 12 Assessment by Stage and MOA
Table 13 Assessment by Target
Table 14 Assessment by Stage and Target
Table 15 Late-Stage Products (Phase-III)
Table 16 Mid-Stage Products (Phase-II)
Table 17 Early-Stage Products (Phase-I)
Table 18 Preclinical and Discovery Stage Products
Table 19 Inactive Products
Table 20 Dormant Products
Table 21 Discontinued Products
List of Figures
Figure 1 Epilepsy Structure
Figure 2 Epilepsy Mechanism
Figure 3 Epilepsy Types
Figure 4 Epilepsy Clinical Significance
Figure 5 Epilepsy companies collaborations, Licensing, Acquisition – Deal Value Trends
Figure 6 Company–Company Collaborations (Licensing/Partnering) Analysis
Figure 7 Epilepsy Acquisition Analysis
Figure 8 Assessment by Phase of Development
Figure 9 Assessment by Product Type (Mono/Combination)
Figure 10 Assessment by Stage and Product Type
Figure 11 Assessment by Route of Administration
Figure 12 Assessment by Stage and Route of Administration
Figure 13 Assessment by Molecule Type
Figure 14 Assessment by Stage and Molecule Type
Figure 15 Assessment by MOA
Figure 16 Assessment by Stage and MOA
Figure 17 Late-Stage Products (Phase-III)
Figure 18 Mid-Stage Products (Phase-II)
Figure 19 Early-Stage Products (Phase-I)
Figure 20 Preclinical and Discovery Stage Products
Figure 21 Inactive Products
Figure 22 Dormant Products
Figure 23 Discontinued Products
Figure 24 Unmet Needs
Figure 25 Market Drivers and Barriers
• Supernus Pharmaceuticals
• Greenwich Biosciences
• Aquestive Therapeutics