Non Cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis Ncfb Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s,“Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis (NCFB) – Pipeline Insights, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 5+ companies and 5+ pipeline drugs in Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis Understanding
Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis (NCFB): Overview
Non‐cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis (NCFB) is a chronic, progressive respiratory disorder characterized by irreversibly and abnormally dilated airways, persistent cough, excessive sputum production and recurrent pulmonary infections. The changes in the bronchial walls may be due to chronic inflammation secondary to recurrent or chronic infections in the lung, but often the exact cause is not identified.1 Symptoms vary from intermittent episodes of respiratory infections with excessive mucus production to chronic symptoms with persistent daily expectoration of purulent sputum. Non‐cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis is associated with comorbidities such as anxiety, depression, fatigue, and has a significant impact on quality of life.
Symptoms include chronic (lasting more than four weeks) wet or productive cough, shortness of breath, abnormal chest sounds, weakness, weight loss and fatigue. Recurrent chest infections may produce coloured mucus. A chronic wet cough is often the only symptom present for some children with bronchiectasis.
Bronchiectasis is diagnosed via a chest computed tomography (CT) scan. A chest X-ray, bronchoscopy, lung function, blood tests, sputum culture, and other tests (e.g. immune function, sweat test and genetics) for associated diseases may also be performed.
Treatment requires a multi-disciplinary approach with regular reviews. The aim is to control symptoms, improve quality of life and prevent disease progression. Treatment includes:
- Early use of antibiotics for acute flare-ups or epsiodes
- Daily airway clearance techniques (chest physiotherapy – see below)
- Appropriate vaccinations
- Avoiding irritants such as cigarette smoke
- Bronchodilators (only if asthma is also present)
Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis Emerging Drugs
- CHF 6333: Chiesi Farmaceutici
CHF 6333 is a medicinal product on development for the treatment of cystic fibrosis and non-CF bronchiectasis and undergoing clinical testing. It has not yet been approved by the authorities for the treatment of these diseases. CHF6333 is an inhaled anti-inflammatory which mechanism of action is based on the inhibition of Human Neutrofil Elastase.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
- Major Players in Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis
There are approx. 5+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis. The companies which have their Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis drug candidates in mid to early stage, i.e. Phase II and I include, Chiesi Farmaceutici, Insmed etc.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 5+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Mid-stage products (Phase II and Phase I/II)
- Early-stage products (Phase I/II and Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
- Route of Administration
Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Small molecules
- Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis drugs.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis.
- September 2020: US biotech Insmed has trumpeted updated phase 2 data from its brensocatib, at this week’s virtual European Respiratory Society conference, showing the drug prolonged time to exacerbations caused by the rare lung disease known as non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis (NCFBE).
The results, also published in the New England Journal of Medicine, showed that brensocatib significantly prolonged time to first pulmonary exacerbation, the primary endpoint, over the 24-week treatment period for both treatment doses versus placebo.
Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis Report Insights
- Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis drugs?
- How many Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
- Chiesi Farmaceutici