TAVALISSE Drug Insight
“TAVALISSE Drug Insight and Market Forecast – 2032” report provides comprehensive insights about TAVALISSE for immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) in the seven major markets. A detailed picture of the TAVALISSE for ITP in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan for the study period 2019 –2032 is provided in this report along with a detailed description of the TAVALISSE for ITP. The report provides insights about mechanism of action, dosage and administration, as well as research and development including regulatory milestones, along with other developmental activities. Further, it also consists of future market assessments inclusive of the TAVALISSE market forecast analysis for ITP in the 7MM, SWOT, analysts’ views, comprehensive overview of market competitors, and brief about other emerging therapies in ITP.
Fostamatinib disodium (also known as TAVALISSE; R-985788) is an orally-bioavailable investigational agent developed by Rigel pharmaceuticals and approved for treating patients suffering from persistent/chronic adult idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. The therapeutic candidate inhibits FcR-triggered, Syk-dependent cytoskeletal rearrangement during phagocytosis. As stated by Rigel Pharmaceuticals, fostamatinib has a unique mechanism of action, blocking IgG receptor signaling in both macrophages and B cells via SYK kinase.
TAVALISSE is approved in the US and the EU to treat chronic ITP. The company has submitted a new drug application for manufacturing and marketing approval in Japan.
TAVALISSE is initiated at a dose of 100 mg taken orally twice daily. After a month, if the platelet count has not increased to at least 50 × 109/L, the dose should be increased to 150 mg twice daily. The lowest dose of TAVALISSE should be used to achieve and maintain a platelet count of at least 50 × 109/L as necessary to reduce the risk of bleeding. TAVALISSE may be taken with or without food. In the case of a missed dose of TAVALISSE, patients should be instructed to take their next dose at its regularly scheduled time.
Mechanism of action
Fostamatinib is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor with demonstrated activity against spleen tyrosine kinase (SYK). The major metabolite of fostamatinib, R406, inhibits signal transduction of Fc-activating receptors and B-cell receptors. The fostamatinib metabolite R406 reduces antibody-mediated destruction of platelets.
Scope of the Report
The report provides insights into:
- A comprehensive product overview including the TAVALISSE description, mechanism of action, dosage and administration, research and development activities in immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
- Elaborated details on TAVALISSE regulatory milestones and other development activities have been provided in this report.
- The report also highlights the TAVALISSE research and development activities in ITP across the United States, Europe and Japan.
- The report also covers the patents information with expiry timeline around TAVALISSE.
- The report contains forecasted sales of TAVALISSE for ITP till 2032.
- Comprehensive coverage of the late-stage emerging therapies for ITP.
- The report also features the SWOT analysis with analyst views for TAVALISSE in ITP.
The report is built using data and information sourced primarily from internal databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by DelveInsight’s team of industry experts. Information and data from the secondary sources have been obtained from various printable and nonprintable sources like search engines, news websites, global regulatory authorities websites, trade journals, white papers, magazines, books, trade associations, industry associations, industry portals and access to available databases.
TAVALISSE Analytical Perspective by DelveInsight
- In-depth TAVALISSE Market Assessment
This report provides a detailed market assessment of TAVALISSE for immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) in the seven major markets, i.e., the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan. This segment of the report provides forecasted sales data from 2023 to 2032.
- TAVALISSE Clinical Assessment
The report provides the clinical trials information of TAVALISSE for ITP covering trial interventions, trial conditions, trial status, start and completion dates.
- In the coming years, the market scenario for immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is set to change due to the extensive research and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies are developing therapies that focus on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition, assess challenges, and seek opportunities that could influence TAVALISSE dominance.
- Other emerging products for ITP are expected to give tough market competition to TAVALISSE and launch of late-stage emerging therapies in the near future will significantly impact the market.
- A detailed description of regulatory milestones, and developmental activities, provide the current development scenario of TAVALISSE in ITP.
- Our in-depth analysis of the forecasted sales data of TAVALISSE from 2023 to 2032 will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the TAVALISSE in ITP.
- What is the product type, route of administration and mechanism of action of TAVALISSE?
- What is the clinical trial status of the study related to TAVALISSE in immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) and study completion date?
- What are the key collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and other activities related to the TAVALISSE development?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to TAVALISSE for ITP?
- What is the forecasted market scenario of TAVALISSE for ITP?
- What are the forecasted sales of TAVALISSE in the seven major countries, including the United States, Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan?
- What are the other emerging products available and how are these giving competition to TAVALISSE for ITP?
- Which are the late-stage emerging therapies under development for the treatment of ITP?