Wet Age Related Macular Degeneration Wet Amd Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Wet-Age-related Macular Degeneration (Wet-AMD)—Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of the Wet-AMD, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Wet-AMD market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Wet-AMD symptoms market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Wet-AMD symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2018–2030
Wet-AMD Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a leading cause of severe, irreversible blindness in developed countries worldwide, profoundly affecting the quality of life of affected individuals. With the increase in life expectancy bringing growth in the number of reported cases, it adds a significant burden on the health care systems with the expensive current standard of care. Wet-AMD is a type of AMD which is characterized by abrupt central vision loss caused by abnormal blood vessels that bleed or leak fluid which may swell and damage the macula. Wet-AMD also referred to as neovascular AMD, accounts for roughly 10% of AMD cases, but almost 90% of AMD-related central vision loss. Although 80 percent of the patients have non-neovascular, or atrophic AMD, the neovascular form of the disease is responsible for nearly 90 percent of the severe, central visual acuity loss associated with AMD.
AMD’s progression leads to loss of central vision, which adversely affects the quality of life. Although AMD’s exact functional pathogenesis is not fully understood, there have been recent improvements in genetic technologies leading to the identification of various polymorphisms that have shown to harbor unique associations with AMD.
Wet-AMD Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnosis available in the Wet-AMD market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Wet-AMD market report gives a thorough understanding of WET-AMD symptoms by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, physiology, and diagnosis. It also provides WET-AMD symptoms of treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for WET-AMD symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Diagnosing AMD involves differentiating macular aging changes from degenerative abnormalities that threaten, or are affecting vision. In particular, the identification of wet AMD is important, as timely and appropriate treatment can save sight. Patients with wet AMD often have symptoms that can alert healthcare professionals to a macular problem rather than non-specific “blurry vision.” Those with the skills and equipment to examine the macula can also find signs suggestive of wet AMD. AMD’s clinical diagnosis is typically made during the retina examination by an eye care provider. Key features include deep RPE pigmentary changes, sub-retinal fluid or fibrosis, macular edema, and hemorrhage or exudate.
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) with verteporfin has been tested in several prospective studies for the treatment of various subtypes of exudative, subfoveal AMD. In 2000, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved PDT with verteporfin for the treatment of predominantly classic, subfoveal choroidal neovascularization. However, due to several limitations, an alternate treatment regime was needed. Thus the development of anti-VEGF substances to treat wet AMD can be considered a milestone. Several anti-VEGF therapies are now available in the market which has significantly improved patient’s lives. The major players include Lucentis, Eylea, Bevacizumab, and Beovu.
The Wet-AMD symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The total prevalent cases of Wet-AMD is increasing in 7MM during the study period, i.e., 2018–2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Wet-AMD symptoms epidemiology segmented as the Total Prevalent cases of Wet-AMD, Gender-specific cases of Wet-AMD, and Age-specific cases of Wet-AMD. The report includes the prevalent scenario of Wet-AMD symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country-wise Wet-AMD Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Wet-AMD epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total prevalent cases of Wet-AMD associated in 7MM countries was 4,426,968 in 2020.
Wet-AMD Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Wet-AMD report encloses the detailed analysis of Wet-AMD early-stage (Phase- I, II, and III) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the Wet-AMD clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Wet-AMD Emerging Drug
Faricimab (RG7716), the first bispecific antibody developed with CrossMab technology, is designed specifically for intravitreal use to simultaneously bind to and neutralize both angiopoietin-2 (Ang-2) and VEGF-A with high potency and specificity. In nAMD, Ang-2 works synergistically with VEGF to drive pathologic blood vessel permeability and destabilization, abnormal blood vessel growth, and fluid leakage, which contribute to vision loss. Ang-2 also plays a vital role in multiple aspects of inflammation in neovascular Age-related macular degeneration (nAMD). Currently, two Phase III clinical trials are evaluating faricimab for the treatment of nAMD.
KSI-301: Kodiak Sciences
KSI-301 is a novel anti-VEGF biologic designed to rapidly inhibit VEGF and provide extended durability of action to reduce the burden of frequent anti-VEGF injections. Delivering potent and sustained VEGF inhibition enables patient compliance, results in long-term efficacy, and improves visual acuity outcomes.
Products detail in the report…
Wet-AMD Market Outlook
The Wet-AMD market outlook of the report helps build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Wet-AMD market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Wet-AMD market trend of each marketed drug and early-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Wet-AMD market in 7MM is expected to grow in the study period 2018–2030.
Past studies have found that just one year after diagnosis, less than 15 percent of patients given this therapy alone retain 20/40 vision, and up to 40 percent decline to 20/200 vision. However, the advances in medical research have identified the Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) as a key pathophysiological factor in the development of neovascular AMD, with an essential role in angiogenesis, vascular permeability, and inflammatory response. The introduction of anti-VEGF intravitreal injections has opened a new therapeutic window in the management of wet AMD, thus efficiently blocking the pathophysiological process of AMD, with a restoration of retinal morphology and the maintenance of its function. In the past years, anti-VEGF injections have become the standard treatment for wet AMD, accounting for better results than the previous choices, such as photodynamic therapy (PDT) and laser photocoagulation.
This section includes a glimpse of the Wet-AMD market in 7MM.
The market size of Wet-AMD in the seven major markets was USD 7,459 million in 2020.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Wet-AMD market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the largest market size of Wet-AMD in comparison to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Wet-AMD market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Wet-AMD market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Wet-AMD Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2018–2030. The analysis covers Wet-AMD market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allow the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Wet-AMD Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into the therapeutic candidate in Phase I, II, and III stages. It also analyses Wet-AMD key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Roche, Kodiak Sciences, Opthea Limited, Alkahest, Graybug Vision, REGENXBIO, and Chengdu Kanghong Biotech.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing, and patent details for Wet-AMD emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Wet-AMD
Approaching reimbursement, proactively, can have a positive impact both during the early stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
The Patient Assistance Program may help eligible patients get EYLEA free of charge if you are uninsured or if their health plan does not cover EYLEA. To qualify, one must: - a) Be uninsured or lack coverage for EYLEA, b) Live in the United States or its territories or possessions, c) Show financial need (based on total annual household adjusted gross income)
Medicare Part B covers ophthalmology services that are reasonable and necessary for diagnosing or treating illness or injury or improving a malformed body member’s functioning.
Ophthalmology services include Eylea and Lucentis’s intravitreal injections to treat eye diseases such as wet age-related macular degeneration. Medicare pays for an intravitreal injection (which is considered a minor surgery) as part of a global surgical package that includes the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative services routinely performed by the physician. Medicare pays for Eylea and Lucentis separately from the intravitreal injection. Chapter 12, section 40.1 of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Medicare Claims Processing Manual states that separate payment can be made for other services provided by the same physician on the same day as the global surgery if the services are significant and separately identifiable or unrelated to the surgery.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in the Wet-AMD domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Wet-AMD market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform a Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Wet-AMD Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that include – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Wet-AMD, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, physiology, and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Wet-AMD epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Wet-AMD is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the Wet-AMD market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Wet-AMD market.
- In the coming years, the Wet-AMD market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and the Favorable Environment for New Anti-infective Modalities; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Wet-AMD R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Wet-AMD. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Wet-AMD market.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase I, II, and III), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, and launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Wet-AMD Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Wet-AMD Pipeline Analysis
- Wet-AMD Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Wet-AMD Report Key Strengths
- 10 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Wet-AMD Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Wet-AMD Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Wet-AMD Market share (%) distribution in 2018 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Wet-AMD total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Wet-AMD market Size during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Wet-AMD market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- What would be the Wet-AMD market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- What would be the Wet-AMD market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of the Wet-AMD?
- What is the historical Wet-AMD patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Wet-AMD in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about Wet-AMD?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the largest prevalent population of Wet-AMD during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Wet-AMD along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Wet-AMD in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Wet-AMD marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Wet-AMD?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Wet-AMD?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of Wet-AMD?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Wet-AMD therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Wet-AMD and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Wet-AMD?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Wet-AMD?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Wet-AMD market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Wet-AMD market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Wet-AMD in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Wet-AMD market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Wet-AMD market.