Hypertension Pipeline Insight
DelveInsight’s, “Hypertension - Pipeline Insight, 2023,” report provides comprehensive insights about 100+ companies and 100+ pipeline drugs in Hypertension pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
- Global coverage
High blood pressure (BP), or hypertension, is defined by two levels by 2017 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) guidelines: (1) elevated BP, with a systolic pressure (SBP) between 120 and 129 mm Hg and diastolic pressure (DBP) less than 80 mm Hg, and (2) stage 1 hypertension, with an SBP of 130 to 139 mm Hg or a DBP of 80 to 89 mm Hg. Hypertension is the most common primary diagnosis in the United States. It affects approximately 86 million adults (≥20 years) in the United States and is a major risk factor for stroke, myocardial infarction, vascular disease, and chronic kidney disease. Hypertension is defined as a systolic blood pressure (SBP) of 140 mm Hg or more, or a diastolic blood pressure (DBP) of 90 mm Hg or more, or taking antihypertensive medication. Hypertension may be primary, which may develop as a result of environmental or genetic causes, or secondary, which has multiple etiologies, including renal, vascular, and endocrine causes. Primary or essential hypertension accounts for 90-95% of adult cases, and secondary hypertension accounts for 2-10% of cases. The evaluation of hypertension involves accurately measuring the patient’s blood pressure, performing a focused medical history and physical examination, and obtaining results of routine laboratory studies.
"Hypertension - Pipeline Insight, 2023" report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present scenario and growth prospects across the indication. A detailed picture of the Hypertension pipeline landscape is provided which includes the disease overview and Hypertension treatment guidelines. The assessment part of the report embraces, in depth Hypertension commercial assessment and clinical assessment of the pipeline products under development. In the report, detailed description of the drug is given which includes mechanism of action of the drug, clinical studies, NDA approvals (if any), and product development activities comprising the technology, Hypertension collaborations, licensing, mergers and acquisition, funding, designations and other product related details.
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis contributing to the development of novel therapeutics for Hypertension.
- In the coming years, the Hypertension market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics that are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Hypertension R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- A detailed portfolio of major pharma players who are involved in fueling the Hypertension treatment market. Several potential therapies for Hypertension are under investigation. With the expected launch of these emerging therapies, it is expected that there will be a significant impact on the Hypertension market size in the coming years.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets (in early-stage, mid-stage and late stage of development for the treatment of Hypertension) includes therapeutic assessment and comparative analysis. This will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Hypertension Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Hypertension report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Hypertension Emerging Drugs
Firibastat: Quantum Genomics
The firibastat product (initially named QGC001 or RB150) is the first BAPAI drug candidate selected by Quantum Genomics. The product firibastat is a prodrug which releases the product EC33, a selective and specific inhibitor of Aminopeptidase A, in the brain, and thus prevents the production of Angiotensin III in the brain. Due to its unique mechanism of action, firibastat represents an alternative therapeutic approach that may interfere with the mechanisms involved in the genesis and maintenance of excessively high blood pressure in hypertensive patients, especially those with a particular hormonal profile, characterized by a lowered renin and high vasopressin concentration.
Baxdrostat (CIN-107): CinCor Pharma
Baxdrostat (CIN-107) selectively targets aldosterone synthase, which is encoded by the CYP11B2 gene. Importantly, it has low affinity for 11ß-hydroxylase, the enzyme responsible for cortisol synthesis, which is encoded by the CYP11B1 gene. In multiple preclinical in vivo studies, baxdrostat (CIN-107) significantly lowered aldosterone levels without affecting cortisol levels, across a wide range of doses. Similar observations were made in multiple Phase 1 clinical trials in healthy volunteers. Currently, it is in Phase II stage of clinical trial evaluation to treat Hypertension.
MLS-101: Mineralys Therapeutics
MLS-101 is a highly selective aldosterone synthase inhibitor designed to address elevated aldosterone, an underlying cause of hypertension prevalent in at least 25% of all hypertensive patients. MLS-101 has demonstrated excellent selectivity for the reduction of aldosterone without effecting other hormones like cortisol. MLS-101 selectivity holds the potential for targeted treatment of blood pressure in hypertension patients with elevated aldosterone production.
Zilebesiran (ALN-AGT): Alnylam Therapeutics
Zilebesiran (ALN-AGT01) is a subcutaneously administered, investigational RNAi therapeutic targeting angiotensinogen (AGT) in development for the treatment of hypertension in high unmet need populations. Zilebesiran utilizes the company’s Enhanced Stabilization Chemistry Plus (ESC+)-GalNAc delivery platform. Currently, it is in Phase II stage of clinical trial evaluation to treat Hypertension.
IONIS-AGT-LRx: Ionis Pharmaceuticals
IONIS-AGT-LRx is a ligand-conjugated (LICA) investigational antisense medicine designed to reduce the production of angiotensinogen to decrease blood pressure in patients with treatment resistant hypertension (TRH). Despite availability of generic antihypertensive agents, TRH is a major contributor to cardiovascular and renal disease. Inhibiting the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) is a well-established method of treating hypertension and complications of hypertension. While angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) are widely used, many patients with high blood pressure are not well controlled by these treatment options. Angiotensinogen, the target of IONIS-AGT-LRx, is upstream of ACE inhibitors and ARBs in the RAAS pathway. Therefore, reducing angiotensinogen levels has the potential to decrease blood pressure in patients whose blood pressure is not adequately controlled by currently available treatment options. Furthermore, inhibiting angiotensinogen, which is made in the liver, may maintain renal compensatory mechanisms, which could lead to fewer side effects compared to current standard of care.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Hypertension: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Hypertension drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
Major Players in Hypertension
There are approx. 100+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Hypertension. The companies which have their Hypertension drug candidates in the most advanced stage, i.e. phase III include, Reata Pharmaceuticals.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 100+ products under different phases of clinical development like
- Late stage products (Phase III)
- Mid-stage products (Phase II)
- Early-stage product (Phase I) along with the details of
- Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
- Discontinued & Inactive candidates
Route of Administration
Hypertension pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
- Intravenous/ Subcutaneous
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
- Antisense oligonucleotides
- Monoclonal antibody
- Recombinant protein
- Small molecule
- Stem Cell
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Get a more detailed overview of How the Hypertension Market will evolve in the upcoming years: Hypertension Market Outlook and Forecast
Hypertension: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Hypertension therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Hypertension drugs.
Hypertension Report Insights
- Hypertension Pipeline Analysis
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Unmet Needs
- Impact of Drugs
Hypertension Report Assessment
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Therapeutic Assessment
- Pipeline Assessment
- Inactive drugs assessment
- Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
- How many companies are developing Hypertension drugs?
- How many Hypertension drugs are developed by each company?
- How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Hypertension?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Hypertension therapeutics?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Hypertension and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?