DelveInsight's "Endometriosis - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast - 2032" report delivers an in-depth understanding of the endometriosis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the endometriosis market trends in the United States, EU4 (Germany, France, Italy, and Spain) and the United Kingdom, and Japan.
The endometriosis market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, endometriosis market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted endometriosis market size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current endometriosis treatment practice/algorithm, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU4 (Germany, Spain, Italy, and France)
Study Period: 2019-2032
Endometriosis Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
The DelveInsight’s Endometriosis market report gives a thorough understanding of the disease. Endometriosis is a disease distinguished by endometrial tissue outside the uterine cavity with recurrent intralesional bleeding because of the hormonal responsiveness of ectopic endometrial tissue, resulting in fibrosis. It is a disease of adolescents and reproductive-aged women commonly associated with chronic pelvic pain and infertility. The most common locations for endometriosis are the ovaries, pelvic peritoneum, uterosacral ligaments, and torus uterinus. Atypical pelvic endometriosis localizations can occur in the cervix, vagina, round ligaments, ureter, and nerves. Moreover, rare extrapelvic endometriosis implants can be localized in the upper abdomen, subphrenic fold, or abdominal wall.
The diagnosis of endometriosis has usually delayed an average of 4-11 years from the onset of symptoms due to the non-existence of a pathognomonic test or biomarker to detect the disease but also to the diversity of symptoms that could be considered physiologic responses during menstruation (like pain and discomfort) but also to the wide range of reported symptoms overlap with other gastrointestinal or gynecological causes. To achieve a proper diagnosis of endometriosis, the physician should start by taking a detailed history and performing a gynecological physical examination. The gold standard diagnostic tool remains laparoscopy, combined with an abdominal cavity exploration and a histological biopsy. However, ovarian endometrioma and deep nodular forms of the disease can be detected through ultrasonography and MRI.
The management of endometriosis requires a multidisciplinary approach with surgical diagnosis and debulking of disease load, hormonal treatment to suppress and delay recurrence and progression of disease, pain management strategies best provided by a pain center clinic that develops individualized care plans, and pelvic therapy. Symptomatic endometriosis is typically treated by surgical or medical treatment, both equally effective. Despite the available associated pain treatments, endometriosis recurrence is not uncommon. Medical treatment choices are based on side effect profile, cost, and personal preference. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and low-dose combined oral contraceptive pills (COCPs) such as ethyl estradiol and progestins are the first choice drugs. If patients do not respond to NSAIDs in 3 months, the second line of treatments is used, which includes progestins (oral, injectable, and intra-uterine), androgens, and gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (GnRH), which reduce moderate-to-severe pain of endometriosis.
The endometriosis epidemiology division provides insights about historical and current endometriosis patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides a historical as well as forecasted endometriosis epidemiology scenario in the 7MM covering the United States, EU4 countries and the United Kingdom, and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
In 2021, the total prevalent cases of endometriosis were ~ 21,920,000 in the 7MM, which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2019–2032.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted endometriosis epidemiology [segmented as Total Prevalent Cases of Endometriosis, Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Endometriosis, Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Endometriosis, Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Endometriosis by Pain Severity, and Total Treated Cases of Endometriosis] in the 7MM covering the United States, EU4 countries and the United Kingdom, and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Country Wise- Endometriosis Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the endometriosis epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan.
Endometriosis Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the endometriosis report encloses the detailed analysis of endometriosis marketed drugs and late-stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the endometriosis clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
The report provides the details of the emerging therapies under the late and mid-stage of development for endometriosis treatment.
Endometriosis Market Outlook
Endometriosis market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted endometriosis market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of the endometriosis market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the endometriosis market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019–2032.
The Endometriosis market size in the 7MM is expected to change during the study period 2019–2032. The therapeutic market of endometriosis in the seven major markets is expected to increase during the study period (2019–2032). In 2021, the total market size of endometriosis was ~USD 1,920 million which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
The United States Market Outlook
The total market size of endometriosis in the United States accounted for ~USD 1,190 million in 2021 which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
EU4 Countries and the UK: Market Outlook
In EU4 and the UK, the total market size of endometriosis was ~USD 590 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
Japan Market Outlook
In Japan, the total market size of endometriosis was ~USD 130 million in 2021, which is expected to rise during the study period (2019–2032).
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the endometriosis market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2019-2032. The analysis covers endometriosis market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, and reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Endometriosis Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in the Phase II, and Phase III stages. It also analyses endometriosis key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers detailed information on collaborations, acquisitions, and mergers, licensing patent details, and other information for endometriosis emerging therapies.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs ' opinions working in the endometriosis domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies and treatment patterns or endometriosis market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatments by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitively and Market Intelligence analysis of the Endometriosia Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that include - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of endometriosis explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the endometriosis epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for endometriosis are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the endometriosis market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global endometriosis market.
- In the coming years, the endometriosis market is set to change due to the upcoming therapies with the novel route of administrations which are under investigation and ongoing research in the endometriosis; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence endometriosis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for endometriosis. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the endometriosis market.
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for endometriosis.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Endometriosis Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Endometriosis Pipeline Analysis
- Endometriosis Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Endometriosis Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Endometriosis Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Endometriosis Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- What was the endometriosis drug class share (%) distribution in 2019 and how it would look like in 2032?
- What would be the endometriosis total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What are the key findings of the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest endometriosis market size during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR, the endometriosis market is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the endometriosis market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- What would be the endometriosis market growth till 2032, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2032?
- How would the unmet needs affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and regional/ethnic differences of endometriosis?
- What are the key factors driving the epidemiology trend for seven major markets covering the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan?
- What is the historical endometriosis patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of endometriosis in seven major markets covering the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan?
- Where will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population about endometriosis?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of endometriosis during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
- At what CAGR the patient population is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2019-2032)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for endometriosis treatment in addition to the approved therapies?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of endometriosis in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the endometriosis marketed drugs and their respective MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of endometriosis?
- How many therapies are in-development by each company for endometriosis treatment?
- How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for endometriosis treatment?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry - Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the endometriosis therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies being developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for endometriosis and their status?
- What are the current challenges faced in drug development?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for endometriosis?
- What are the global historical and forecasted markets of endometriosis?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the endometriosis market
- To understand the future market competition in the endometriosis market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for endometriosis in the US, EU4 and the UK, and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the endometriosis market
- To understand the future market competition in the endometriosis market