DelveInsight’s ‘Sarcopenia–Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical, and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of Sarcopenia in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The Sarcopenia market report provides analysis regarding current treatment practices, emerging drugs like BIO101, Bimagrumab, potential therapies, market share of the individual therapies, and historical, current and forecasted Sarcopenia market size from 2017 to 2030, segmented by seven major markets.
The report also covers current Sarcopenia treatment practice/algorithm, guidelines, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Sarcopenia– Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Sarcopenia is a progressive and generalized skeletal muscle disorder involving the accelerated loss of muscle mass and function that is associated with increased adverse outcomes, including falls, functional decline, frailty, and mortality. It occurs commonly as an age-related process in older people, influenced not only by contemporaneous risk factors but also by genetic and lifestyle factors operating across the life course. It can also occur in mid-life in association with a range of conditions.
Diagnosing Sarcopenia with contemporary operational definitions requires assessments of muscle mass, muscle strength, and physical performance. Screening is recommended for both elderly patients and those with conditions that noticeably reduce physical function. The condition is highly prevalent in orthopedic patient populations and correlates with higher hospital costs and rates of falling, fracture, and mortality.
Although the exact levels differ slightly between published definitions, the disease has recently been included in the ICD-10. It can be adequately screened for in primary care, and assessment of the defining features should occur under the supervision of specialists to allow diagnosis. Treatments currently include resistance exercise, vitamin D supplementation and protein supplementation. Still, it is hoped that, with the advent of the ICD-10 definition, therapeutic trials and intervention development will gain momentum. Trials with various agents, including selective androgen receptor modulators and myostatin inhibitors, show promise as future treatment options. Moreover, increased awareness of Sarcopenia is of great importance to begin reaching consensus on diagnosis and to contribute to finding a cure for this condition
This chapter covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available for the treatment of Sarcopenia. It also provides sarcopenia treatment guidelines across the United States, Europe and Japan.
DelveInsight’s Sarcopenia market report gives a thorough understanding of the disease by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, types, grading, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides sarcopenia treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines in the US, Europe, and Japan.
The Sarcopenia epidemiology chapters provide insights about historical and current sarcopenia patient pool and forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. Sarcopenia epidemiology is segmented by the prevalent population of Sarcopenia, gender-specific prevalence of Sarcopenia. Besides, the report includes a thorough analysis of all segments.
According to DelveInsight’s, the total prevalent population of Sarcopenia in seven major markets was 33,321,576 in 2017. These cases are expected to increase with a significant CAGR during the study period (2017–2030).
Among all the seven major markets, total prevalent cases for Sarcopenia were highest in the United States, followed by Italy and Germany. Spain accounted for the least number of prevalent cases among the 7MM.
This segment encloses the detailed analysis of the drugs in the Sarcopenia pipeline. It also helps understand the sarcopenia clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements of the included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Currently, there is no standard, scalable treatment for the loss of skeletal muscle mass, strength, and function seen with aging or other causes. Exercise interventions are generally well known to provide benefits for muscle strength and physical function. However, much remains unclear as to whether this same efficacy will also be shown in patients with Sarcopenia as per experts.
The market size of Sarcopenia is expected to increase at a significant CAGR during the study period (2017–2030). Among all the seven major markets, the United States accounted for the largest Sarcopenia market size. Among EU5 countries, Italy had the highest market size, with USD 115.87 million in 2017, while Spain had the lowest market size of Sarcopenia, with USD 54.33 million in 2017.
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs in the Sarcopenia market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Sarcopenia market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sale of each drug.
It helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size. All of which will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
BIO101 (Biophytis) and Bimagrumab (Novartis) are the major players that are going to alter the market dynamics in the coming years, during the forecasted period 2020-2030.
Sarcopenia: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates and also analyses the key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities:
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing, patent details, and emerging therapies, concerning Sarcopenia.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Sarcopenia domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. It will support the clients in assessing potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We have performed the competitive and market Intelligence analysis of the Sarcopenia Market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc. Besides, the inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
- In the coming years, Sarcopenia market scenario is not expected to experience a positive shift across the 7MM due to approved treatment options and a robust pipeline.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Sarcopenia Report Insights:
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Sarcopenia Pipeline Analysis
- Sarcopenia Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Sarcopenia Report Key Strengths:
- 11-years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Sarcopenia Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Market Size by Therapies
- Drugs Uptake
Sarcopenia Report Assessment:
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Key Products and Key Players
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Sarcopenia market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Sarcopenia total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Sarcopenia market size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Sarcopenia market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Sarcopenia market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Sarcopenia market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of Sarcopenia?
- What is the historical Sarcopenia patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Sarcopenia in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population pertaining to Sarcopenia?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Sarcopenia during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the Sarcopenia treatment, along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Sarcopenia in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Sarcopenia marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Sarcopenia?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for Sarcopenia?
- How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for Sarcopenia treatment?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Sarcopenia therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Sarcopenia and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Sarcopenia?
- What is the global historical and forecasted market of Sarcopenia?
Reasons to buy:
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Sarcopenia market
- To understand the future market competition in the Sarcopenia market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Sarcopenia in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Sarcopenia market
- To understand the future market competition in the Sarcopenia market
Which geography accounted for the largest Sarcopenia market size?
The United States accounted for the largest Sarcopenia market size.
What is forecasted Sarcopenia size in 2030?
DelveInsight estimates an increase in Sarcopenia Market Size during the study period, 2017–2030
What are the present Sarcopenia drivers?
Better insights into disease intervention, rising prevalence of disease, increase in research initiatives, need for a cost-effective therap
What are the Sarcopenia market barriers?
Need for screening tools, implementation of interventions, difficulty in prevalence estimation, the burden associated with disease
How many companies are developing drugs for Sarcopenia?
Currently, two key pharma players are developing the drug for Sarcopenia
Which are the leading companies in Sarcopenia market?
Key Players – Biophytis, Novartis
How is epidemiology segmented for Sarcopenia?
Prevalent population of Sarcopenia, Gender-specific incidence of Sarcopenia