DelveInsight’s ‘Mydriasis – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of the Mydriasis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The mydriasis market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Mydriasis symptoms market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Mydriasis symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Mydriasis Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Mydriasis is the dilation of the pupil, which may be due to a non-physiological cause such as disease, trauma, drugs usage, or physiological pupillary response. Mydriatic agents are used to dilation of the pupil. They are routinely used to aid examination of the retina and other deep structures of the eye. In general medical practice, the commonest indication for pupil dilation is in the screening of diabetic retinopathy followed by macular degeneration.
This condition can be a symptom of an injury to the brain from physical trauma or a stroke and can affect one pupil at a time or both at once. The dilation pathway Pupil dilation is controlled by the iris dilator muscle, which consists of fibers that are oriented radially, and connect the exterior of the iris with the interior. When the dilator muscle contracts, it pulls the interior of the iris outward, thus increasing the size of the pupil. Besides, the iris dilator muscle is controlled by the sympathetic nervous system, the part of the autonomic nervous system that is involved in arousal, wakefulness, and the fight or flight response.
Apart from diagnostics, mydriatic usage in cataract surgery is indispensable as maintenance of mydriasis and the control of postoperative pain and inflammation are critical to the safety and success of cataract and intraocular lens replacement surgery. Appropriate mydriasis is usually achieved by topical and/or intracameral administration of desired mydriatic combination.
Mydriasis Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnosis available in the Mydriasis market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Mydriasis market report gives a thorough understanding of Mydriasis symptoms by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, physiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Mydriasis symptoms of treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Mydriasis symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Pupil dilation (mydriasis) is performed to purposefully increase the size of the pupils during an eye exam so that the doctor can thoroughly examine the health of the optic nerve and retina. The exam is critical to preventing and treating eye conditions that could potentially lead to vision loss. Diagnostic mydriasis is usually achieved by the use of mydriatics which are either parasympatholytics or sympathomimetic agents. The parasympatholytics cause pupillary dilatation and accommodation paralysis. The sympathomimetics potentiate or mimic the action of adrenaline by stimulating the dilator pupillae muscle. Examples of sympathomimetics include phenylephrine, ephedrine and hydroxyamphetamine
Mydriatic medicines play an essential diagnostic role; however, there are clinically significant risks associated with using mydriatics. For example, various combinations of phenylephrine, cyclopentolate, and tropicamide are commonly used to prepare the neonatal for the ROPEE.
The FDA has approved Mydrane, Mydriasert by Théa Laboratories and OMIDRIA by Omeros Corporation for Mydriasis.
The Mydriasis symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool, along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The diagnosed prevalent cases of mydriasis is increasing in 7MM during the study period, i.e. 2017-2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Mydriasis symptoms epidemiology segmented as the Total Prevalent cases of Mydriasis, Gender-specific cases of Mydriasis, Age-specific cases of mydriasis. The report includes the prevalent scenario of Mydriasis symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country-wise Mydriasis Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Mydriasis epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
The total prevalent cases of mydriasis associated in 7MM countries was 7.98 million in 2017.
Mydriasis Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Mydriasis report encloses the detailed analysis of mydriasis marketed drugs and early-stage (Phase-II) pipeline drug. It also helps to understand the Mydriasis clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
Mydriasis Emerging Drug
Nyxol: Ocuphire Pharma
Nyxol is a novel eye drop drug candidate for multiple fronts of eye disorders. It is a proprietary ophthalmic formulation of phentolamine mesylate, and an approved alpha-1 and alpha-2 inhibitor, allowing a more efficient 505 (b)(2) development pathway for approval. With safety and efficacy data from seven Phase I and Phase II trials, Nyxol has demonstrated a differentiated target product profile that includes moderately reducing pupil size (which leads to improved vision during night and day at both far and near distances), lowering intraocular pressure in the normal range, and convenient once-daily evening dosing with long-lasting effects.
Products detail in the report…
Mydriasis Market Outlook
The Mydriasis market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Mydriasis market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Mydriasis market trend of each marketed drug and early-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, Mydriasis market in 7MM is expected to grow in the study period 2017–2030.
There is no established standard therapy for mydriasis, and the efficacy of conventional chemotherapy is limited, with an anticipated median overall survival less than a year, if left untreated. Due to the lack of prospective clinical trials, there had been no universally accepted standard of care.
Currently, the drug with the commercial name Mydrane (Thea Pharmaceuticals; UK), which is a combination of tropicamide (0.02%), phenylephrine (0.31%), and lidocaine (1%), has been approved for use in some European countries.
Recently, a combination of phenylephrine (1.0%) and ketorolac injection (0.3%) was approved for use in cataract surgery (Omidria;
Omeros, USA). The drug is added to the irrigation solution, and unlike the substance delivered through the topical route, it goes into direct contact with the iris tissue throughout the procedure. However, Omidria does not provide pupillary dilatation, but rather prevents the pupil from constricting and reduces postoperative ocular pain. Currently, there is no evidence stating that constant irrigation with the combination of phenylephrine (1.0%) and ketorolac injection (0.3%) will help to maintain mydriasis in patients with known risk factors such as diabetes, glaucoma, and pseudoexfoliative syndrome.
This section includes a glimpse of the Mydriasis market in 7MM. The market size of mydriasis in the seven major markets was USD 104.53 million in 2017.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Mydriasis market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the largest market size of mydriasis in comparison to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan.EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Mydriasis market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Mydriasis market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Mydriasis Drugs Uptake
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Mydriasis market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs. It also allow the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Mydriasis Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into the therapeutic candidate in Phase II stage. It also analyses Mydriasis key player involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major player includes Ocuphire Pharma.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing and patent details for Mydriasis emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Mydriasis
Approaching reimbursement, proactively, can have a positive impact both during the early stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
Medicare covers both traditional and laser cataract surgeries. These policies also include a traditional intraocular lens implant. Cataract surgery is the most common operation in the NHS, with over 400,000 procedures performed every year in the UK. Guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) says it is cost-effective and should not be restricted to more severe cases.
OMIDRIA helps provide access and support for patients. OMIDRIA is available through the Federal Supply Schedule and the VA National Formulary and to 340B institutions. Omeros continues to offer the OMIDRIAssure program, which provides We Pay the Difference patient reimbursement program, live assistance reimbursement hotline, and equal access patient assistance program for government-insured or uninsured patients, based on financial need.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Mydriasis domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Mydriasis market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the Mydriasis Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of mydriasis, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, physiology and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Mydriasis epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for mydriasis is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Mydriasis market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Mydriasis market
- In the coming years, Mydriasis market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and Favorable Environment for New Anti-infective Modalities; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Mydriasis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for mydriasis. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Mydriasis market
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Mydriasis Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Mydriasis Pipeline Analysis
- Mydriasis Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Mydriasis Report Key Strengths
- 11 years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Mydriasis Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Mydriasis Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What were the Mydriasis Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Mydriasis total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Mydriasis market Size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Mydriasis market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Mydriasis market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- What would be the Mydriasis market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the mydriasis?
- What is the historical Mydriasis patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of mydriasis in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to mydriasis?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the largest prevalent population of mydriasis during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of mydriasis along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Mydriasis in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the mydriasis marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of mydriasis?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of mydriasis?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of mydriasis?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Mydriasis therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for mydriasis and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for mydriasis?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of mydriasis?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Mydriasis market
- To understand the future market competition in the Mydriasis market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Mydriasis in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Mydriasis market
- To understand the future market competition in the Mydriasis market