Androgenetic Alopecia Market
DelveInsight’s ‘Androgenetic Alopecia Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of androgenetic alopecia in the United States, EU4 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France) and the United Kingdom, and Japan.
The androgenetic alopecia market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted androgenetic alopecia market size from 2019 to 2032, segmented by the 7MM. The report also covers the current androgenetic alopecia treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities and assesses the underlying market potential.
Androgenetic Alopecia: Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Androgenetic Alopecia Overview
Androgenetic alopecia is a genetically predetermined disorder due to an excessive response to androgens. This condition affects up to 50% of males and females and is characterized by progressive loss of terminal hair of the scalp any time after puberty. In males, hair loss is most prominent in the vertex and frontotemporal regions, while in women, the frontal hairline is typically spared with diffuse hair loss at the crown and top of the head, with loss often marked by a wider center part.
Androgenetic alopecia is usually diagnosed clinically with a history of gradual onset after puberty and, often but not necessarily, a family history of baldness. A biopsy is usually not necessary unless the diagnosis is unclear. Dermoscopy shows miniaturized hair and brown perihilar casts, which can help differentiate from diffuse alopecia areata that mimics male pattern baldness as diffuse alopecia areata will have tapered fractures such as exclamation point hairs.
Topical minoxidil (ROGAINE) and finasteride (PROPECIA) are the two drugs approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for androgenetic alopecia, both of which require at least a 4–6 month trial before noticing improvement and must be used indefinitely to maintain a response. Other off-label therapies used for androgenetic alopecia management include spironolactone, dutasteride, prostaglandin analogs, laser treatments, cyproterone acetate, platelet-rich plasma, and more. Besides drug therapies, hair transplantation is also a preferred surgical approach in androgenetic alopecia treatment. Various emerging drugs in development promise better hair loss control and promote hair regrowth.
Androgenetic Alopecia Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnoses available in the androgenetic alopecia market to treat the condition. It also provides country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
Androgenetic Alopecia Epidemiology
The androgenetic alopecia epidemiology division provides insights into the historical and current patient pool and the forecasted trend for the 7MM. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of KOL. The report also provides the prevalent patient pool, trends, and assumptions.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical and forecasted androgenetic alopecia epidemiology segmented as the total prevalent cases of androgenetic alopecia, total prevalent cases of androgenetic alopecia in males, total prevalent cases of androgenetic alopecia in females, total diagnosed prevalent cases of androgenetic alopecia in males and total diagnosed prevalent cases of androgenetic alopecia in females. The report includes the total prevalent cases of androgenetic alopecia in the 7MM covering the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Country-wise Androgenetic Alopecia Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the androgenetic alopecia epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan.
The total prevalent cases of androgenetic alopecia were more than 194,000,000 in the 7MM in 2021.
As per the estimates, EU4 and the UK had the highest prevalent patient population of androgenetic alopecia in 2021. Among EU4 and the UK, Germany had the highest number of cases of androgenetic alopecia, with more than 22,000,000 cases, followed by the UK in 2021. On the other hand, Spain had the lowest number of cases of androgenetic alopecia, with nearly 12,000,000 cases in 2021.
Androgenetic Alopecia Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Androgenetic alopecia report encloses a detailed analysis of androgenetic alopecia marketed drugs and late-stage (Phase III, Phase II/III, and Phase II) pipeline drugs. It also helps understand the androgenetic alopecia clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Androgenetic alopecia is the most common form of hair loss, affecting most men and women. Some researchers have pointed out that androgenetic alopecia is associated with systemic diseases such as metabolic syndrome, endocrine diseases, and mental disorders. For physicians, comorbidities pose challenges for diagnosis and treatment. Moreover, in current clinical practice, androgenetic alopecia is still not fully understood or treated. As androgenetic alopecia can have a significant psychological impact, leading to anxiety and depression, early diagnosis is essential to stop the progression of the disease.
The current treatment plan for androgenetic alopecia mainly includes oral finasteride, topical external use of minoxidil, low-intensity laser, and hair transplantation. Finasteride is a 5a-reductase inhibitor that significantly affects the treatment of androgenetic alopecia; however, it can also exhibit unacceptable side effects in a small subset of patients. Occasionally, side effects persist even after treatment cessation in the form of post-finasteride syndrome. Additionally, minoxidil can cause undesirable adverse effects. Currently, low-intensity laser therapy has shown promising results in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia; however, the effectiveness of its treatment remains controversial.
Products detail in the report…
Androgenetic Alopecia Emerging Drugs
Drug developers are gradually shifting their attention toward androgenetic alopecia to meet the patient pool’s current demands and counter the unmet needs of the therapeutic market.
Several companies are working robustly on many new therapies, such as BREEZULA (Cosmo Pharmaceuticals), KX-826 (Kintor Pharmaceutical), and XEOMIN (Merz Aesthetics).
BREEZULA (Cosmo Pharmaceuticals) is a novel topical AR inhibitor that directly inhibits testosterone and DHT binding to local hair follicle androgen receptors. It is quickly metabolized to cortexolone, a metabolite with a known safety profile. Due to its rapid metabolism and local activity, there appears to be limited systemic exposure to BREEZULA; potential systemic side effects are likely minimized. BREEZULA depicted positive results in two Phase II trials, based on which the company plans to conduct a Phase III trial in the second half of 2022.
KX-826 (Kintor Pharmaceutical) is a topical AR antagonist with a specific target and can inhibit the combination of AR and androgen in hair follicle sebaceous glands, thereby treating androgenetic alopecia. KX-826 demonstrated a preliminary positive safety, pharmacokinetics, and tolerability profile in Phase I and Phase Ib clinical trials in the US. Furthermore, KX-826 has shown good efficacy and safety profile in Phase II clinical trials in China for treating androgenetic alopecia male patients. Currently, Kintor Pharma is conducting a Phase II clinical trial of KX-826 in the US and is planning to conduct a Phase III trial in China for male pattern hair loss.
XEOMIN (Merz Aesthetics) is a uniquely purified neuromodulator that uses a patented process called Xtract Technology, which removes all unnecessary proteins from the active toxin molecule. XEOMIN is approved for aesthetic use in the human face, including the treatment of moderate-to-severe wrinkles in the glabella, and is also used as the first-line therapy for blepharospasm. The drug is being evaluated in a Phase II trial to treat androgenetic alopecia.
Products detail in the report…
Androgenetic Alopecia Market Outlook
The androgenetic alopecia market outlook of the report builds a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted androgenetic alopecia market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of the androgenetic alopecia market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need for the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market, and KOL view. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
As per DelveInsight, the androgenetic alopecia market in the 7MM is expected to change in 2019–2032.
This section includes a glimpse of the androgenetic alopecia market in 7MM. In the 7MM, the androgenetic alopecia market size was approximately USD 5,600 million in 2021.
The United States: Androgenetic Alopecia Market Outlook
This section provides the total androgenetic alopecia market size. It also provides the market size of androgenetic alopecia by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the highest Androgenetic Alopecia market size than EU4 and the UK, and Japan.
EU4 and the UK: Androgenetic Alopecia Market Outlook
This section provides the total androgenetic alopecia market size. It also provides androgenetic alopecia market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK.
Japan: Androgenetic Alopecia Market Outlook
This section provides the total androgenetic alopecia market size. It also provides the market size of androgenetic alopecia by therapies in Japan.
Androgenetic Alopecia Drugs Uptake
This section focuses on the uptake rate of potential androgenetic alopecia drugs launched or expected to be launched in the market during 2019–2032. The analysis covers the androgenetic alopecia market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake and the reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and making financial and regulatory decisions.
Androgenetic Alopecia Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase III, Phase II/III, Phase II, and Phase I/II. It also analyses androgenetic alopecia’s key players in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, Kintor Pharmaceutical, and Merz Aesthetics, whose key products are expected to get launched in the US market by 20XX.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers collaborations, acquisitions, mergers, licensing, and patent details for emerging androgenetic alopecia therapies.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SMEs’ opinions working in the androgenetic alopecia domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps understand and validate current and emerging treatment patterns or androgenetic alopecia market trends. This will support the clients in potential novel treatments by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform a competitive and market intelligence analysis of the androgenetic alopecia market using various competitive intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Androgenetic Alopecia Market Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of androgenetic alopecia, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight is provided into the androgenetic alopecia epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for androgenetic alopecia is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies that will impact the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the androgenetic alopecia market, historical and forecasted, is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global androgenetic alopecia market
Androgenetic Alopecia Market Report Highlights
- Recently, the androgenetic alopecia market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and incremental healthcare spending worldwide; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence androgenetic alopecia R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for androgenetic alopecia. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Androgenetic alopecia market
- For androgenetic alopecia, a better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to developing novel therapeutics
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competitor, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the R&D activities
Androgenetic Alopecia Market Report Insights
- Androgenetic Alopecia Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Androgenetic Alopecia Pipeline Analysis
- Androgenetic Alopecia Market Size and Trends
- Androgenetic Alopecia Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Androgenetic Alopecia Therapies
Androgenetic Alopecia Report Key Strengths
- 10-year Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Androgenetic Alopecia Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Competitors
- Highly Analyzed Androgenetic Alopecia Market
- Androgenetic Alopecia Drugs Uptake
Androgenetic Alopecia Market Report Assessment
- Current Androgenetic Alopecia Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Androgenetic Alopecia Pipeline Product Profiles
- Androgenetic Alopecia Market Attractiveness
- Androgenetic Alopecia Market Drivers
- Androgenetic Alopecia Market Barriers
Androgenetic Alopecia Market Insights
- What was the Androgenetic Alopecia market share percentage distribution, and how would it look by 2032?
- What would be the total Androgenetic Alopecia market size and market size of androgenetic alopecia by therapies across the 7MM forecast period (2019–2032)?
- What are the key findings about the market across 7MM, and which country will have the largest androgenetic alopecia market size during the forecast period (2019–2032)?
- At what CAGR is the androgenetic alopecia market expected to grow in the 7MM forecast period (2019–2032)?
- What would be the androgenetic alopecia market outlook across the 7MM forecast period (2019–2032)?
- What would be the androgenetic alopecia market growth until 2032 and the resultant market size by 2032?
- How would future opportunities affect the Androgenetic Alopecia market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
Androgenetic Alopecia Epidemiology Insights
- What are the disease risk, burdens, and unmet needs of androgenetic alopecia?
- What is the historical patient pool of androgenetic alopecia covering the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of androgenetic alopecia covering the United States, EU4 and the UK, and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population of androgenetic alopecia?
- Out of all the 7MM, which country would have the highest prevalence of androgenetic alopecia during the forecast period (2019–2032)?
- At what CAGR is the population expected to grow in the 7MM forecast period (2019–2032)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies
- What are the current options for treating androgenetic alopecia?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for treating androgenetic alopecia in the US, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the androgenetic alopecia-marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies to treat androgenetic alopecia?
- How many therapies are developed by each company to treat androgenetic alopecia?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development to treat androgenetic alopecia?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, and licensing activities related to androgenetic alopecia therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies for androgenetic alopecia and its status?
- Which key designations have been granted for the emerging therapies for androgenetic alopecia?
- What are the global historical and forecasted androgenetic alopecia markets?
Reasons to buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the androgenetic alopecia market
- To understand the future market competition in the androgenetic alopecia market and an insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for androgenetic alopecia in the US, EU4 and the UK, and Japan
- Identifying upcoming solid players in the market will help devise strategies that will help get ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the androgenetic alopecia market
- To understand the future market competition in the androgenetic alopecia market