Table of Contents
Gene Therapy: The “Big Value” Market!
Gene therapy has been under scientific research for over 2 decades, but viable therapies have yet to gain commercial acceptance due to safety and delivery-related issues. However, Pfizer’s move and some other recent developments in the industry suggest that the therapy may be coming off age. With the superlatively well-funded biotech Moderna Therapeutics raising another $450 million in venture cash, for its mRNA based proprietary approach to treat previously undruggable targets in a wide range of disease areas (with 45 preclinical programs in its pipeline), it has become clear that the Gene therapy market is going to be of great interest for many companies globally due to the possibility of a permanent cure that it offers for any of the more than 10,000 human diseases caused by a defect in a single gene.
About Gene Therapy
Gene therapy aims to fix a genetic problem at its source. By adding a corrected copy of a defective gene, gene therapy promises to help diseased tissues and organs work properly. This approach is different from traditional drug-based approaches, which may treat symptoms but not the underlying genetic problems. Put simply, it introduces a “good” gene into a person who has a disease caused by a “faulty” gene.
Gene Therapy Reports: Understanding the potential of Gene Therapy Market
During the past two decades gene therapy has made important medical advances. Within this short time span, it has moved from the conceptual stage to technology development and laboratory research to clinical translational trials for a variety of deadly diseases. The researchers have learned from their mistakes and developed much more realistic approach and solutions to many of the problems which led to major clinical and commercial successes. It has become an upcoming research area in 21st century with the industry’s collective pipeline brimming with therapies close to 300.
There is a significant increase in the companies coming up with gene therapies for various therapeutic areas such as Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi, UniQure Biopharma, Oxford BioMedica etc., which are operating in the gene therapy domain. Moreover recent academic and industry partnerships for example between Celgene Corporation and Baylor College of Medicine, GSK and the Roswell Park Cancer Institute etc., are driving new gene therapy research.
DelveInsight’s Gene Therapy Reports
DelveInsight’s Gene Therapy Reports cover the entire gene therapy market insights including technology assessments, licensing opportunities, collaborations, market trends, pipeline coverage and competitive landscape. The report essentially provides DelveInsight’s proprietary market and pipeline analytics which identifies the front runners of all therapeutic areas. It also identifies the potential market movers and future regulatory landscape. These reports provide complete insight over all the therapy areas associated with gene therapy like; Oncology, Genitourinary, Dermatology, Central nervous system, Genetic Disorders, Hematological disorders, Metabolic disorders, Ophthalmology, Cardiovascular disease, Respiratory , Immunology, and many more…
DelveInsight’s Gene Therapy Reports: Reasons to buy
- Complete Market and Pipeline intelligence and complete understanding over therapeutics development for gene therapy.
- Devise corrective measures for pipeline projects by understanding gene therapies for specific therapy areas.
- Developing strategic initiatives to support your gene therapy development activities.
- Optimize your portfolio and keep you in touch with the rapidly changing pharmaceutical markets, and make the best decisions for your business.
- Develop and design in licensing and out licensing strategies by identifying prospective partners with the most attractive projects to enhance and expand business potential and scope
- Evaluate the marketing and pipeline strategy for gene therapies and their Funding availabilities.
- Identifying the upcoming leaders in the gene therapy market in the coming years.
- Getting a first mover advantage by identifying the early market winners for clinical and preclinical gene therapies.
For more info on Gene Therapy Reports for various Therapeutic areas refer to the following links: