- 7 million people are living with HIV, 40% don’t know their status
- New HIV infections among children have declined by 50% since 2010.
- The incidence of HIV/AIDS is increasing among young gay men.
- UNAIDS released a report showing 18.2 million people are now on antiretroviral therapy. However, it found women aged between 15 and 24 were at great risk.
- The number of people living with HIV on antiretroviral therapy has increased by about a third, 3 million more than the 15 million by 2014.
- In high income countries, 31% of people living with HIV are now over the age of 50 due to antiretroviral therapy.
- Recent updated UNAIDS estimates indicate that US$ 26.2 billion will be required for the AIDS response in 2020, with US$ 23.9 billion required in 2030.
- Brazil represents the largest number of people living with HIV in Latin America at 47%. Worldwide, it is one of 15 countries which represent 75% of the global number of people living with HIV.
- Western and central Africa are current areas of concern – they account for 18% of people living with HIV. Lack of treatment access means the area also accounts for 30% of all Aids-related deaths globally
- In June 2016, GSK made a groundbreaking deal to make the HIV drug Tivicay available for Botswana’s national effort to test and treat as many citizens as possible.
- Cipla offers free antiretroviral technology to any African nation looking to produce their own drugs. In 2001, India’s Cipla had introduced the world’s first 3-in-1 fixed dose combination (Stavudine, Lamivudine, and Nevirapine). Now, a third of people living with HIV in 115 countries are taking this drug.
- Gilead Sciences Inc. has begun marketing its HIV treatment Truvada to prevent infection with the virus that causes AIDS.
- How Robots Are Introducing A New Dimension To Healthcare Service Delivery
- Global Top Players in Intraocular Lens (IOL) Market
- Analyzing the Most Promising Drugs That Will Lose Patent in the US & EU in 2022
- Wearable Technology in Healthcare: Major Benefits and Trends
- World Population Day 2018
- How Metaverse is Set to Transform the Healthcare Dynamics?
On World AIDS Day…
Dec 01, 2016 | Reading Time: < 1 minute
Assessing the Major Growth and Ongoing Developments in the Clinical Diagnostics Market
Clinical Diagnosis (Dx) is the identification and confirmation of disease or disorder or exposure to xenobiotics to explain the clinical manifestations shown by the patient. It is also performed to assess the state of health of an individual (routine health checkup), functioning of any organ or associated metabolic...Find More
EMA to review Cidara Therapeutics’ Rezafungin; EU Approves Gilead Sciences’ Sunlenca; FDA Approves Axsome’s Auvelity; EU Marketing Authorisation to Oncopeptides’s Pepaxti; Merck Signs $ 3.5 B Deal with Orna; FDA to review AstraZeneca and Merck’s Lynparza; FDA Approval to Bluebird’s Zynteglo; FDA Decision Date for GSK’s Momelotinib
EU Regulator Starts its Review of Cidara Therapeutics’ Candidiasis Therapy Rezafungin The EU regulator has begun its review of Cidara Therapeutics’ once-weekly antifungal rezafungin, with a decision expected next year as a new option for serious, invasive candida infections. The application is based on the ReSTO...Find More
CereVasc’s eShunt System Study; FDA Approves NGS-Based CDx for Trastuzumab Deruxtecan; Nanopath Secures $10 Million Funding; BD, Accelerate Diagnostics Announce Collaboration; Avails Medical’s Clinical Trials for eQUANT; Movano Ring Exceeds Accuracy Targets for SpO2 & Heart Rate Monitoring
CereVasc Announces FDA Approval of Second IDE Study of the eShunt® System On August 09, 2022, CereVasc, Inc., a privately held, clinical-stage medical device company developing novel, minimally invasive treatments for neurological diseases, announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved ...Find More
Sign Up & Stay Informed
Penetrative insights and rich analysis of Pharma, Biotech and MedTech space.Join Up Now!
Sign up For Newsletters
Hear from our subject-matter experts and in-house KOL’s on Pharma and Healthcare market trends.
ASCO Conference 2022
The American Society of Clinical Oncology is a platform that provides a global connection to researchers, pharma companies, and healthcare professions standing against cancer, finding a cure for it.